Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mixed emotions are spilt.

This holiday was suppose to be a blast. It contains lots of emotions, bitter and sweet. Though the sweet was fun but the bitter was reality.

Before I start off any further, I would like to wish all Malay friends a Happy Raya although it's kinda too late for that. *chuckles*

The sweet part of this hols was the friends I got to spend it with. My childhood church friends, my school mates... Games like Risk, sleepovers and a movie always make my day. Occasionally, a strum on my guitar can really turn my frown upside down. But the tragedy that happened two days back was a little unexpected. On Tuesday 9.00 pm, my mother received a phone call. It was shocking, it blew me right in the face. SHE passed away. I couldn't believe my ears. The teacher that taught me 4 years ago during Sunday school has returned to the Lord.

Tongue cancer, she removed her jaw and replaced it with tissues from only God know where. She has totally lost her ability of speech and had her food dripped. I just came back this afternoon from her funeral. Cremation. Saves space. I agree, but its heart breaking even for me. Imagine her family. The coffin was white, she look so beautiful in the picture. No matter what she has become after that surgery, she will always look the same in our hearts. There was an awkward scene where a family member took pictures in a funeral. Kinda inappropriate don't you think? I mean, its a funeral. Come on, you're not mourning but snapping pictures? Give me a break... Another thing I would like to 'shoot' at the mourners is that after the Wake service of remembering the dead, we should really be consoling the family rather than sitting down to eat groundnuts and fried rice noodles instead. Plus, I even over heard some old goons that even talked about business and laughing. AT A FUNERAL! What is wrong with their sick minds? I felt like smashing that camera and slapping those teeth out of those Insolent *CENSORED*s.

The only regret I ever had was that I didn't visit her when she was still around. I was afraid that I would scream at her appearance. Still, what's more scarier is the real ugliness in all of our hearts. Some may be a Saint by dawn and a Sinner by night. But, she was what I saw as a real Christian.

Joel, Daniel, we feel your sadness. We've got your back. Teacher Priscilla has just moved on earlier to a better place. I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment