Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thai-Malaysia 1 day english camp

A lovely day it was. The St. Georges Girls School (S.G.G.S) organized a Thai-Malaysia Co-English Camp. Took off from school about 7.30am in the teachers BMW. Reached there in less than 1/2 an hour. After the car was parked, me, Adriel and Woo Jun Yung as school reps stepped out of the car. Walked out to the front porch and found a big shock to see the we are the only boy school invited excluding a co-ed religion school from Penang (1 boy) and those Thailand guests. Even so, the majority of the Thailand friends are girls...

So, we sat on the tiled flooring of the hall.We were one of the earliest. We sat down as the teacher told us to mingle around the others. How to mingle man...Three boys in a pack of gals? Just like rabbits in midst of lionesses. We would've been torn to shreds. Soon, more and more students came in, and we were overwhelmed. Soon, the Delcha students from Thailand arrived. Their quite cool.the whole event started off with boring speeches(no offense) and then the spelling bee contest. Kinda cool. Got the 2nd runner-up. My lost was due to my greediness of trying to stumble others and to show off.

It went "Enthusiasm...E.N.T.H.U.A...oh crap, can I spell that again?"

Queen bee, "I'm sorry you may leave the stage..."

Sigh, greediness. Then it was break time. The food was not as tasty I thought it would be. I noticed that the school compound is very clean compared to my school. must be because its a girls school. Boys just can't resist their itchy hands. Girls are much more civilized. We walked down the corridor and came across a statement painted on the wall. It goes some sort like this:

"Educate a man, you educate a person
Educate a woman, you educate a family"

Sexist school. I agree with my friend, educate a man and you get a protected family no matter how true the second line is. No matter how true the level of late immaturity and annoying boys are they will protect their family.

The next activity was the 'lights, camera, ACTION!'. No need to explain ya? You get the picture. A skit. Well, we three got split up in the end. I was in Group1, Adriel in Group 4 and Woo in Group 5. Every teams theme was LOVE. But all in different genres. Mine was ACTION & ADVENTURE. Adriel' was FANTASY. Woo's, HORROR. Adriel's team won. Typical drama King. Then, a dance presentation from the girls of Thailand. Quite nice even thoguh I don't understand what the lyrics were.... :P Made new friends. Gave lotsa email addresses. Girls mostly. Duuno why all come to me. 'cuz I made jokes in the Spelling Bee and Skit? Got a token of friendship from Matus of Thailand. (THANKS BUDDY!) and also Araaya(?) Lotsa photos taken with those Thai friends. All the gals ran to take with us. Cuz we're funny? Haha...

Cheers

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment